Saturday, November 26, 2005

A clean plate.

I quite smoking cigarettes after smoking over 2+ packs a day for 35 or more years. I quit in April, 2005. Haven't touched one since and I'm feeling much, much better. There was a downside to this though. I ballooned to 275 pounds in weight, an additional 45 pounds over what I weighed when I was smoking! That was uncalled for.

Now, I'm fighting back. I've lost 26 pounds in the past month and a half and am losing about one to two pounds a week while still maintaining a great menu and eating three meals a day, at least. That was my whole problem... I was eating one huge meal in the evening and "grazing" on snacks throughout the day. My poor body had been so "in tune" to that type of eating so it naturally stored fat throughout the day to burn off later, when I wasn't feeding it.

I'm 6 feet 01 inches tall and am working to get down to my good, old fighting weight of 215 pounds again. I was so much healthier and lively at that weight and am going to get back to it. It's just a matter of when. Once there it's all maintenance... maintenance and discipline.

Anyways, I just thought I'd post this little bit of recent trivia about myself to the blog.

No comments: