Monday, January 16, 2006

It's been awhile...

It's been awhile since I posted to this blog. I've been pretty consumed with work, the holidays, our SEAHAWKS football and just plain, old everyday simple life. Either way, I've realized a lot has happened between my last serious post on November 12th. and now. The other posts in between were just "filler" posts... something to keep the blog alive, nothing major.

Our incessant rain in Western Washington has kept up now for over 27 days. I'm getting to the point of drafting up some ark plans just in case.

Awhile back I mentioned stumling around the blog world just "blogging". You know, going out and reading other blogs no matter what the content might be. Over the past several months I've probably visited in excess of 2,000 blogs. I've enrolled in StumbleUpon, a website that is free and takes you to blogs of various interests, affording you an opportunity to visit random blogs, evaluate them and "rate" them, so to speak. Believe me, I've been everywhere!

I've visited "how to" sites where low carb cooking is featured to sites where 1950's vintage vehicles rule. I've learned new sexual positions and terms (I never claimed to being totally versed here) and found sites where husbands, wives, boyfriends, girlfriends openly display their sex lives online. I've traveled to distant lands and learned about other cultures, I've learned more about our own demographics here in the grand U.S.A.

Yeah, it's been quite a journey. I'm feeling a bit like Ponce de Leon of the northwest. Traveling through the internet world in search of new, undiscovered or little known wonders.

Either way, I've been thinking about posting some of the gems to this blog... gems that will take folks to some of the more outlandish and challenging sites I've seen out there in blogland. In all, the bulk of the blogs I've visited have been well established, well managed and involved a lot of good, down to earth creativity. Some sites have only been visited twenty to thirty times but have been out there for over seven months... just a matter of what interests the reader and how active the blog actually is. Others have been visited hundreds of times daily. I've found most of the sex blogs fit into this category. That says a bunch for our (global) social norms, eh? It seems that even though we say sex is tabooish regarding public display and sharing we tend to think and act differently (far more tolerant of it) when we're by ourselves, wandering the internet and discovering them. I know I tend to read what they say on their blogs much like I tend to read what is said on a "fishing" or "recreational" blog... I just clear the cookies, history and temporary internet files after a sex blog visit. I will say I don't bookmark them and am rarely taken back to one I've visited in the past... which I find amazing in and of itself. That just tells me there must be thousands, if not millions of them out there... men and women on display... amateurs and pros alike.

So, I guess the point is if you're thinking about stepping out into that blogland out there and cruising around from blog to blog you'd better be prepared for introduction to some "adult" related blogs while you surf. It's going to happen if it hasn't already.

Well, I guess I've said enough on this for now. I do encourage folks to blog around though... have some fun and look around if you aren't already. There's a huge variety of blogs out there and they're interesting (in their own ways) as hell.

Have fun!

No comments: