Saturday, February 12, 2005

Just now setting this puppy up...

Okay, I've been reading about and reading blogs for quite some time now. I've finally "crossed over" from Reader to Blogger. I'm sitting in front of this friggin' computer at 0730 hrs. creating (so to speak) this little blog site that will hopefully serve as my own (and others) place to vent, place to rejoice, place to share...

I'll start. A bit about me...

At 50 plus years of age I'm not new to the world, obviously. I love to fish, hike, play poker, write, read, travel, have sex and love to solve real life puzzles. In fact, I'm a "puzzle solver" in the real world. Yeah, I get paid to solve puzzles... certain kinds, those odd little puzzles society throws my way. Puzzle solving has not only provided me a good income over the past 30 years but has become a fantastic hobby as well.

I love my wife of over 27 years, our kids, grankids, parents, brothers, sisters, nieces and nephews. I have to admit the other relatives I'm picky about. Some, I love... some I like, some I tolerate only because they're relation and some, even though they are relation I could do without.

I'm a well educated blue collar type of guy. I played sports throughout my elementary through high school years (swimming, football, baseball, basketball and water polo), served in the Army during the Vietnam era, jumped from airplanes, scuba dive, fought in martial arts tournaments for over fifteen years, have the ability to live off the land on almost any continent for extended periods of time, rather enjoy solitude on occasions (more so now than before), love to "track" humans through remote forests or just about any other landscape, don't necessarily like shooting things so I don't hunt anymore but can and will if I NEED to, was a framer of houses during my younger years, was a hard rock miner for awhile, am "okay" with pets provided they're house broke, managed a bunch of government primadonna's for quite some time and excel in "building" puzzle solving "groups" for the government.

I don't want to get too long winded here, realizing there's plenty of time to share snapshots of my life with those who might find it interesting, boring or simply have nothing else to do and light upon this blog to pass the time.

My challenge to you... if and when you ever get here to this little corner of personal cyberspace drop a note... tell the world a bit about yourself. Let it flow. Write whatever might pop up at the time and try... yah, I know I said it... I can't expect it... but try to keep your thoughts as "G" or "R" rated as possible. Having said that I know I've "crossed the line" a time or two myself so periodic outbursts committed to writing in this blog by you or anyone else will, for the most part be unedited for the world to see.

So, I guess the next step for me is to hit the "Publish Post" key. Here goes...

No comments: