Friday, February 17, 2006

the edge...


On the edge looking…
Into the abyss… the chasm, wondering
why? how? me!
He waits… he waits…

Hands outstretched… overhead
seeking help
guidance, direction… freedom from
his bi-polar Hell!

No way out. No control.
Understanding, comprehension does not happen
will not help him… save him.
Will not take him from his bi-polar Hell!

So he stands tormented
on the edge of sanity… He waits, he waits
in need of help… in mental pain he waits to be led
from the edge... of his bi-polar Hell!

He waits…



It's been quite awhile since I wrote any verse... quite awhile.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, I hope that it is not too long before you write some more!!!

Sue

Dennis said...

thanks all... I've had my "day" re: verse and have had some pretty wild critiques... I just keep it "inside" anymore. It's safer that way. This one eeked out. I couldn't help it. Let's call it a "self help" post.